How to Change the WiFi Speed After Netgear EX2700 Setup
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we all are working from home! Subsequently, finding out how to speed up the internet has become a necessity. And with Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi extender, making your internet faster is easier than ever. It spreads your existing WiFi network right from your front door to the terrace.
The extender provides speeds up to 300 Mbps. However, you can get the desired WiFi speed from the extender after setting it up properly. This write-up will ring up the curtains from the Netgear EX2700 setup process and how to change its WiFi speed. Let’s dig a little deeper.
Steps to Set up Netgear EX2700 WiFi Extender
Here’s how to manually install Netgear N300 EX2700 wireless range extender:
- After unpacking your extender, place it in a central location of your home.
- Put the EX2700 extender on power.
- To amplify the existing range of your WiFi network, you need to connect it to the current router through an Ethernet cable.
- After that, you can either press the WPS button or access the default web user interface.
- To use the WPS connection method, press the WPS button on your extender and then the router.
- If you want to skip step 5, access the web user interface via an internet browser on your computer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- The next login window will ask you for a user ID and passphrase.
- Hit the login button.
- Now, choose the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Make your extended network secure by setting up security settings for it.
There you are! Thus, you can set up your Netgear EX2700 N300 wireless range extender. Unplug your extender and keep it anywhere in the home. Connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended network and enjoy flawless internet connectivity.
You can also connect a wired device to the extended network via an Ethernet cable. To change the extender’s settings, use the smart setup wizard.
Change the WiFi Speed
Run the smart setup wizard to change the WiFi speed of your extender as per your requirements. Here’s how to do so:
- Access your favorite internet browser on a PC or laptop.
- Go to mywifiext local web-based page.
- When prompted, fill in the email address and passcode.
- As soon as you are done with login, the Status page will come into view.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Select the WiFi option.
- In the WiFi Speed field, choose a speed.
- Hit the Save button.
That’s how you can change the WiFi speed of your Netgear EX2700 extender. Apart from this, you can even customize the extender’s WiFi coverage area.
Let’s learn how to change the WiFi coverage area of your Netgear N300 extender:
Customize the WiFi Coverage Area of the Extender
By default, the range extender utilizes its maximum WiFi coverage area. However, you can choose a smaller coverage area to save electrical power.
- Log in to your Netgear extender.
- Choose the WiFi Coverage option.
- Select a radio button for the wireless output power.
Hit the Save button will make the changes effective.